Thursday, January 20, 2011

Burnt Scroll Plaque


Somewhere in all my blog hopping, I saw this scripture/word art on a plaque on someone's mantle and loved it.  I wish I could find it again so I could link to it.  It was darling.  If it was your blog or you know the blog I am talking about, please tell me so I can link to it.  

I whipped up a copy of it in Photoshop and added an antique looking background.  I used my printer to print it.  I rolled it up scroll style and burned the edges.  I unfolded it and then folded the corners in to look like an old scroll.


For the board, I used some bead board.  The size is 12x12.  I pained it black and distressed the edges and the middle sections to highlight them. 


I had some wheat laying around so I took 5 pieces, put 2 on one side, 3 on the other and tied them together with raffia.  


I had some wood beads my kids use for making bracelets and necklaces and tied them onto the raffia.


I tacked the print onto the center with a few dabs of hot glue so the edges could remain curled. I had to tack the hanging raffia to the sides at the top (under the wheat) so it would hang down the sides.

If I had had some jute or burlap laying around, I am sure I would have incorporated it in there somehow.  What do you think?

You are welcome to download this print, I just ask that you only use this print for personal use.  As always, I would love to see what you create with it.  


I will be linking up to any or all of these fabulous linky parties here:




Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. How pretty, I've had a thing for bead board lately and the way you put everything together is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I simply love your blog and everything you make! This is awesome! I can already think of a place that I will put it in my house!

    I would love to have you come and link up to Fantastic Friday at http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute...love the wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love it and would love the text but can't get your e-mail address to work for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @susan Vigansky I am sorry you can't get my email to work. I would love for you to have the print. If you can leave me your email here or enable it on your profile, I can try sending it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of beadboard. My blank walls are pleading with me to explore this option. Thanks so much for posting!
    LuluMarie
    Craftingnanny.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore this!! When I was in high school I was a huge dolphin fan/collector. I had a calendar from Christian Lassen that I did this with. I kept all those way until my 20's. Then I passed them on to a friend's daughter. They last forever. I even put some hard acrylic over mine to make them deminsional. Thanks for linking up!!

    ~ Nikki

    http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! It's soo unique - at least to me!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Hugs ~~ Suz

    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love this, I can't believe how many people use photoshop. I really like your blog and the things you make. I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful! Thank you for coming and linking up to Fantastic Friday, I cannot wait to see what you have for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out so great! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beautiful!! If you ever have a chance I'd love for you to link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com oh & p.s come enter my giveaway for an inspirational dog print :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute idea! Thanks for Linking up to Your so Very Creative @ Me Making Do I featured this at Featuring You Friday come check it out and grab a button if you'd like!http://memakingdo.blogspot.com/2011/01/featuring-you-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is darling, truly truly darling. I love it.

    You are so creative!!!

    Thank you for linking to **Amaze me AUgust** I LOVE having you.

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've put together a round up of wall art projects on Craft Gossip today and included your project. :) You can see it here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-wall-art-projects/

    If you would like to share the Craft Gossip love and show your visitors you've been featured, you can grab a button here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm your latest follower! I love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would really love a way to download this beautiful quote. It will go perfectly on my mantle. Thanks you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisa, click on the picture in the post and you should be able to save it to your computer. If you have problems with it, send me your email, and I will send you a copy of it.

      Delete

Wait! Don't read and run. I would love to know what you think. Good? Bad? (Okay, maybe not the bad. My ego is fragile still.) It is your comments that keep this little brain buzzing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...